The below specifications are what we know so far concerning system requirements. These can and almost certainly will change in the future as they are limited by the hardware we have on hand to test. Feel free to try #REKT: Dawn of Beginnings on a system that is outside of these specifications, but let it be known that you are in officially uncharted territory. If your system is below these guidelines in terms of performance, then you are likely going to have an experience that is unsatisfactory.
- 64-bit Microsoft Windows 7 or 8.1 Operating System. (32-bit build is planned in the future. Other versions of Windows may work, but are untested.)
- Video card with Direct X 10 support with at least 1GB of video memory
- Intel Core 2 Duo CPU at 2.0 GHz or AMD equivalent
- 4GB of RAM (less may work, but is currently untested)
- The 2013 Visual C++ Redistributable Package found here must be installed. Since only 64-bit versions are currently supported, make sure to install the version called vcredist_x64.exe
If you are able to run#REKT: Dawn of Beginnings on a system that does not meet the guidelines above, please contact us with your system specifications and your general FPS at email@example.com or on our official twitter and reddit pages.
- As mentioned in the Requirements section above, download and install the 2013 Visual C++ Redistributable Package from the Microsoft website. Since only 64-bit versions are currently supported, make sure to install the version called vcredist_x64.exe
- Download the latest #REKT: Dawn of Beginnings build from the Downloads page
- Extract the downloaded archive to the location on your hard drive of your choosing
- If you do not have a program capable of opening/extracting the archive, then we recommend the free and open source project 7-zip
- You should see two batch files inside the main folder that was extracted in the previous step. PlayGame.bat will launch the game and Run [Game Mode] Server.bat will launch a dedicated server for the game using the desired game mode.
- For more details on how to configure the game and some useful console commands, see the page on #REKT: Useful Console Commands